Friday, July 5, 2024

Sharing Heartaches


Last week when I went to church I was feeling sad about some of the events that were occurring in my life.  There had been some new declines in my husband's health, and he had been admitted into a skilled living facility a few days before.  I was struck by something else that Sunday morning, however.   I was struck by the fact that many others around me were also suffering heartaches. 

That morning I spoke with a man who had just lost his wife to death a few weeks before.  I noticed a couple in a pew near me who were experiencing cancer issues in the wife and were awaiting test results for the husband.  I chatted briefly with another woman whose husband is at the same facility as my husband and going through rehab after surgery.  It is easy to think one is alone, as one faces heartaches or trials.  It is easy to think that everyone around us are problem free, and we are the only ones facing challenges.

Yet the truth is that everyone is facing challenges of one degree or another.  Jesus said, "In this world you will have trouble."  He then goes on to say, however, "But take heart!  I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)  The Lord is with us each step of the way, and as Christians we can support each other by prayer and kind words of encouragement.  We can be there for that person who feels they are emotionally drowning in the life challenges they are facing.     

Recently I posted a video on Facebook that portrayed the heartaches many people around us may be experiencing.  I posted the link to that again below.  Perhaps if we knew what others were experiencing we would be more loving in our approach to them.  We would also pray for them more consistently.


https://www.facebook.com/PicsStats/videos/447028668722073?idorvanity=209753919160720

No comments:

Post a Comment