Friday, June 28, 2024

Processing and Need for Prayer



Philippians four is a beautiful chapter in the Bible.  We have discussed this chapter in the last couple posts.  Philippians chapter four and all of the book of Philippians speak of joy and contentment  based on our relationship with the Lord irregardless of outside circumstances. Believers have come to love this book because of the comfort it brings. 

Yet sometimes when life and its trials hit with what feels like extra vehemence, we have to dig deeper into God's Word, and we have to cling tighter to it's promises. Sometimes we have to just trust the Lord and rest in Him when there is not always an answer to all our "why?" questions.   Sometimes we need to also ask our fellow Christians to pray for us.

As I have told you before; my husband, Bob, moved to an assisted living facility in in early January.  He had to make another transition recently in June.  He is now living in a skilled nursing facility.  This has been particularly difficult especially since July 13 is our fifth wedding anniversary, and I keep seeing memories on Facebook of our upcoming wedding five years ago.  We were so happy and had such big dreams five years ago, since we both had lost our first spouses and had now found each other.  I don't fully understand God's plan in these new developments in our lives, but I do know who holds our future, and I do know who holds our hands.  I don't normally like to use my blog for  personal prayer requests, but I do ask today that you will pray for Bob and I and other family members.  Will you also pray for me, as I face cataract surgery in July, and my vision is becoming more compromised in the meantime?
  

  












 

No comments:

Post a Comment