Monday, October 28, 2013

More Than You Can Handle?

It is a popular saying among Christians that God will not give us more than we can handle.  This is really a misconception, however, based on an incorrect interpretation of I Corinthians 10:13.  That verse is talking about temptation in our lives.  When we are tempted God will always provide a means of escape. 

Suffering and trials, however, often are beyond our ability to handle by OURSELVES.  During my care-giving days I remember often feeling and even verbalizing more than once that I could not do this care-giving role any longer.  I felt I was at the end of my rope. 

The truth of the matter is that this was a good place to be.  It is good to recognize that we can not handle anything let alone the overwhelming challenges of care-giving by ourselves.  This teaches us that God is our strength giver and that we need to be totally dependent on Him.  We can do anything He asks of us including family care-giving in HIS strength.  It also teaches us that we need to body of Christ to help us along the way.

Click the link below, dear caregiver.  The article talks about this very thing.  I think you will find it to be a blessing.





http://www.relevantmagazine.com/god/yes-god-will-give-you-more-you-can-handle

No comments:

Post a Comment