Saturday, February 26, 2022

Security in Christ Alone


Lord, how easily I get shaken. Criticism, challenges, changes and losses-all these things rattle me.  Help me to live in the "kingdom that cannot be shaken" (Hebrews 12:28).  Teach me how to build my life every day on Your Word and Your love, which will endure when all other things pass away.  

Lord, I confess that I make an idol out of people's approval.  Let me be so satisfied with Your love that I no longer respond to people out of fear of displeasing them but only in love, seeking what is best for them.  Remove my idols of approval-which can never give me the approval I need.

Father, Your Son Jesus Christ gives me the meaning, value, and security I look for in other things.  I ask that you help me to rejoice in Him more fully than I do.  Break my schemes of earthly joy so I may find my all in Thee.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment