Sunday, September 17, 2017

Storms of Life All Around

We have heard much in the news of late about devastating hurricanes, massive fires, an earthquake and even another terrorist attack in London.  I don't know about you, but hearing about these events and knowing the turmoil these things are bringing in people's lives makes me sad.

Personal storms in our lives can do the same.  They can make us feel very sad and discouraged. A few days ago I was feeling very troubled about something.  I was reminded that I needed to trust God in that situation.  I needed to be quiet in that situation.  I was reminded of Isaiah 30:15b which says, "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength."  The feelings have not all gone away, but being reminded of this helps me immensely.   Then I ran across a song by Stephen Curtis Chapman which speaks about being quiet in the Lord.  The link to that song is below if you would like to hear it.   Just click on the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgaHaioAjyg

I remember also the struggles of being my husband's caregiver a few years back.  I remember the discouragement of seeing my husband's body deteriorate step by step. I remember the sadness and the fear about not being able to provide for his needs in the days ahead.  You may have similar feelings, dear caregiver.  May the Scripture verse I quoted and song link about resting it with the Lord be a huge comfort to you, dear caregiver.  God will always be faithful to you.

Another Scripture passage which is a huge comfort to me is found in the early verses of Isaiah 43.  It speaks of God summoning us by name and being with us through all the rivers and fiery challenges of life.  I wrote about that recently at another blog site of mine called Moments With God.  The link for that is below.  I hope you find this a comfort as well, dear caregiver.  Thank you for all that you do for your loved one.

http://scripturemoments.blogspot.com/2017/09/isaiah-43_14.html

No comments:

Post a Comment