Sunday, March 13, 2016

Care-giving Storms

Family care-giving can often feel like a storm.  In a storm there are often things going on in nature which are out of our control.  I remember feeling that way about family care-giving.  As a caregiver I remember my husband's disease continuing on a downward spiral sometimes at an alarming rate, and there was nothing I could do about it.  I often was beset with fears and doubts.  As we talked about in the last blog post, caregivers like to be control.  We really are in control of nothing, however.

Yet God is in control.  In the measure we focus on Him and not on the storms of our lives we can have peace.  I hope that you will forgive me as I link you once again to a blog post I wrote at my other blog, a devotional blog called "Moments With God."  This post was written in middle February. The post talks about Jesus calming the storm and about our need to focus on Him.  The link for that post is below:

http://scripturemoments.blogspot.com/2016/02/matthew-1422-33.html

No comments:

Post a Comment