Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving day is nearly upon us in the United States. Dear caregiver, perhaps you are not feeling very thankful this year. Perhaps the discouragement and overwhelming circumstances of your loved one’s illness is sinking you into a pit of despair.

Never forget, however, dear Christian caregiver, that the Lord has promised to always be with you and never forsake you. He is with you every step of the way. Also He is giving you blessings every day in spite of the trials and heartaches. When I was a caregiver I was challenged at one point to write down three things each day for which I was thankful. That exercise alone helped me realize that God was indeed with me. It also helped to lift my spirits during the disheartening days of caregiving.

I challenge you, dear caregiver, to also list a few of your blessings each day. Do this until Thanksgiving day and into December and into the new year. May God bless your Thanksgiving day!

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled upon your blog site. It is very nice and encouraging. Would you mind emailing me to share more. I was a caregiver to my grandmother, Granga, and grandfather, Papaw. A rewarding and difficult time. Because of the experiences while caring for them, I've been blessed with the opportunity to create a product and share my passion, and I feel gift from God, to help caregivers of those with Alzheimer's and related dementia or memory/speech disorders. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!
    Barbara Worthington
    Founder and Owner of Caregiver Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Barbara, for your encouraging comments. Bless you for having been a caregiver. I will not be able to e-mail you, however, as I do not know your e-mail address. Have a blessed Thanksgiving day.

    ReplyDelete