Sunday, February 25, 2024

Fill My Cup, Lord


Have you ever experienced moments of emptiness, longing, or a feeling that this world is not your home?  Especially in times of trial I think we can have these feelings crop up.  If we try to soothe these feelings with things of this world, it never works.  The only One that can soothe and comfort us is the Lord Himself.  Looking forward to an eternity with Him is the only ultimate and lasting source of comfort.

There is another song which has been floating around in my mind lately.  It is called, "Fill My Cup, Lord."  

"Like the woman at the well

I was seeking

For things that could not satisfyAnd then I heard my Savior speaking"Draw from My well that never shall run dry"
Fill my cup, LordI lift it up, LordCome and quench this thirsting of my soulBread of Heaven, feed me 'til I want no moreFill my cup, fill it up and make me whole
There are millions in this worldWho are cravingThe pleasures, earthly things of goldBut none can match the wondrous treasureThat I find in Jesus Christ my Lord
Fill my cup, LordI lift it up, LordCome and quench this thirsting of my soulBread of Heaven, feed me 'til I want no moreFill my cup, fill it up and make me wholeHere's my cup, fill it up and make me whole." 

 Here is a link to the song, "Fill My Cup, Lord"  being sung:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzDDv3wEuA&list=RD-bzDDv3wEuA&start_radio=1

No comments:

Post a Comment