Saturday, September 19, 2020

Used of God

For many years I was my first husband's caregiver.  Those who have followed my blog the last years or have purchased my book, know the story of my journey as my first husband's caregiver.  You also know of his death in early 2011.

This week especially but also in the weeks and months before that I have been a part of another kind of caregiving experience.  This week has been a week that has been very emotionally draining.  It has been a time when I have needed to give emotional, spiritual, and physical help to someone who is very dear to my heart.  What I have learned through my past caregiving experiences and because of the time I have spent in God's Word has proven very beneficial in this endeavor.

So if you are going through a difficult caregiving experience, or you are in the midst of another trial of some kind; trust that God is using those experiences to refine you and make you more like Jesus.  Those experiences are also making you better able to help someone else in the days ahead.  It is equipping you to be the hands and feet of Jesus in that person's life.  In the meantime, pray for me as I pray for you.



2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear you are going through a difficult experience, Sharon. Your last paragraph reminded me of the scripture in 2 Corinthians 1:3-5. May God be your strength.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments and for sharing the wonderful Scripture passage. I appreciate it so much!

      Delete