Sunday, January 7, 2018

The Peace of His Presence

As we enter yet a new year, the Lord desires that we hide ourselves in the peace that only He can give, in the peace of His presence.  We need to do this in in everything we do, be it in the quiet moments or when we face difficult challenges.  Caregivers, you must do this when you face the day to day duties of care-giving.  We all need to do this, as we walk the path God has assigned us.  As we do this remember the Lord's presence is in us and beside us.  He also walks in front of us and behind us.

Dear caregiver, I know the burdens of  care-giving at times can become heavy.  Life itself can become challenging at times.  We can walk with joy in our hearts, however, if we remember that the Lord is our burden-carrier. The Lord says in John 16:33 of the New Testament of the Bible that in this world we will have burdens and trouble, but He goes on to say, "But take heart!  I have overcome the world!"

I am no longer a family caregiver, but I do face the challenges of now being a widow.  I do face the challenges of life in general.  It is good to know that the Lord is with me and has already overcome the world!  2017 had some difficult challenges for me, but God never failed me.  He will not fail you either, dear caregiver.  Psalm 31:19 says, "How great is Your goodness which You have stored up for those who fear You." We don't need to fear outside circumstances.  We need to stand in fear and awe of the Lord and to hunger and thirst for His presence.  The psalmist in Psalm 63:7 of the Old Testament of the Bible says, "Because You are my help, I sing in the shadow of Your wings."

This is the pathway to peace no matter what the circumstances.  May we all endeavor to rest in that peace.  May we resolve to walk in His presence throughout this coming year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment